An Online Artist's Coop for Artists who Paint on Location
Welcome to Plein Air Artists. Plein Air Artists is for artists who paint outdoor on location in natural light. This excludes artwork created in the studio under artificial light and working from photographs. Our vision for this site is to provide plein air artists a venue to showcase their work and to collaborate with and learn from each other. Our hope is this site will also be effective as a marketing tool to present our work to individual collectors, galleries, and alternative spaces. Any artist who works "plein air" painting, and agrees to our guidelines stated herein, can become a member of Plein Air Artists. We are open to all levels of artists, from beginner to pro.
Guidlines for Uploading Artwork
• You may have up to 100 images of your work on your photo pages. Images must be in jpg format. Resolution should be 72ppi and no larger than 700px wide. Upload using the "photos" link on the left side of your "My Page".
• No frames, mattes or backgrounds showing, and that the image is in focus and the color is right.
• To promote artwork sales add details about your work: title, size, media, and price. Make sure the title of the piece is changed from the "file name." (i.e. file name: Sunsetoverlake-400px - change to: "Sunset Over Lake")
• Add something discriptive here if you like, such as, any challenges or goals you had with the piece.
• Finally, create a link at the bottom back to your profile page so they can view all of your posted work. If you have another website, paste in the URL at the bottom. But have your contact infomation on your profile page to handle sales.
• Please rotate your work often so visitors can enjoy new work and you have more opportunities for contacts and sales.
Featured Artists and Artwork
Artwork and Artists will be chosen every week based upon the latest work posted and the highest quality of the work. To be considered as a featured artist you must have on your profile page:
• A photo of yourself •Your Name •Town •State or Country
In addition, you need to add at least 4 pieces of artwork posted to the "Artwork" page.
DISCLAIMER: When you become a member of Plein Air Artists, there may be times when one of your paintings is determined not suited to this site and you will be asked to remove it. Please do not take it personally. We reserve the right to decline any work of art for any reason. We reserve the right to deny membership to any person for any reason. We reserve the right to remove any member at any time for any reason.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: Plein Air Artists (the Company) website and community is owned and managed by Donald Maier. Please read these terms and conditions (TACS), which you agree to in signing up to become a member of Plein Air Artists.
1) As a user of Plein Air Artists you accept that by using this site you agree that Plein Air Artists and Donald Maier assumes no responsibility for the nature or content of anything contained on this Web site and disclaims all liability in respect of such nature or content. Use of this site is subject to the following Terms and Conditions of Use.
2) The nature of Plein Air Artists' web-based technology means that it is physically impossible for you to own a copy of your Plein Air Artists pages. If the Company's business changes, or for any other reason the Company cannot continue to host your site, you will lose it. You agree not to hold the Company liable and the Company accepts no liability in respect of, the loss of all data relating to your site / pages.
You are strongly advised to keep copies of any data, images, music, videos or otherwise that you upload onto Plein Air Artists.
3) The Company may add, delete or change some or all of the Services provided as part of Plein Air Artists at any time. Unless otherwise stated these TACS apply to you whether you are a casual user, a Member, or other user.
4) The Company and its Partners shall have the right to place advertisements in any form whether banners, ad words, buttons, or otherwise, in any portion of the Plein Air Artists site. The position or form of these advertisements may change from time to time and is at the sole discretion of the Company.
5) In provision of advertising, The Company may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other sites or resources located on the Internet by allowing a user to leave Plein Air Artists to access third-party material or by bringing the third party material into this site via "inverse" hyperlinks and framing technology. The Company has no control over such sites and resources. You acknowledge and agree that the Company is not responsible for the availability or otherwise of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that the Company shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
6) Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through Plein Air Artists, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that the Company shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on Plein Air Artists.
7) The Company shall have the right to delete or remove any Plein Air Artists pages that have remained inactive for a period of 180 or more days
8) The Company shall have the right to change the terms and conditions applicable to or to withdraw the Plein Air Artists product at any time and for any reason, without prior notice being given to users of Plein Air Artists.
In addition, users of Plein Air Artists agree;
(a) not to interfere, attempt to remove, cover or otherwise inhibit advertisement on their Plein Air Artists pages as placed by the Company and its partners;
(b) not to display any advertising of their own in any form on their Plein Air Artists pages;
(c) that they have no claim on any revenues derived from advertisements placed on their sites by the Company and its Partners.
9) By completing the registration process of Plein Air Artists, you are stating that you agree to be bound by all of these TACS.
10. Code of Conduct
10.1. You agree that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials ("content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. This means that you, and not the Company, are entirely responsible for all content that you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit via Plein Air Artists.
10.2. The Company does not control the content posted via Plein Air Artists and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will the Company be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via Plein Air Artists.
10.3. The Company may run advertisements and promotions. By creating your Member Pages, you agree that the Company has the right to run such advertisements and promotions, within the area of the site designated for that purpose. The manner, mode and extent of advertising on Plein Air Artists and your pages is subject to change without notice.
Disclaimer of Warranties
11.1. You expressly understand and agree that:
(a) Your use of Plein Air Artists is at your sole risk. Plein Air Artists is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis and the Company and its suppliers, to the fullest extent permitted by law, make no warranties, express or implied, in relation to this site or its contents, including, but not limited to, security, warranties of title, fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability and non-infringement of proprietary or third party rights. The Company and its suppliers make no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the material, services, software, text, graphics, and links.
(b) The Company is not responsible for the content of Member Pages, accessible through use of those pages or messages distributed through mailing lists, and assumes no responsibility for and makes no warranty or representation as to the accuracy, currency, completeness, reliability or usefulness of information distributed through Plein Air Artists.
(c) The Company makes no warranty that (i) Plein Air Artists will meet your requirements, (ii) that Plein Air Artists will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of Plein Air Artists will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through Plein Air Artists will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the software will be corrected. Further, if your use of the web site or the material results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, the Company is not responsible for those costs.
(d) Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of Plein Air Artists is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
(e) No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you through or from Plein Air Artists shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the TACS.
11.2. Third parties provide much of the material on Plein Air Artists and the Company shall not be held responsible for any such third party material.
Donald Maier, Owner/Administrator