An Online Artist's Coop for Artists who Paint on Location
I am so pleased to share more great and positive news: I have been very busy prepping for upcoming plein air events, painting at LIVE ART FUSION and doing demos. In addition to acting auditions, work on films, the newest Visigoth Capital one commercial (I'm one of the Viking type guys) and photo shoots I've been entering shows, doing new artwork and helping out local charity organizations.
It seemed like every time i was about to compose a blog post on the good news, more news came in and I was so overjoyed that i had to rethink the posting. While I find writing a flowing and usually easy experience, gathering my thoughts during such an intense period of "leg work" seemed a little more daunting. Since January, there has been a steady stream of deadlines for me every week for some form of paper work. I have had a multitude of Plein Air competitions to enter, juried art shows and proposals for art installations and even a grant. In the interest of timeliness and in deference to the time constraints that await me this weekend I think it best to just list the array of events and endeavors that I have been up to and events I have been juried into. I have among many other things done the following:
* Submitted a proposal for "ART UNDER GLASS" for a one year sculptural installation called "WONDER" at the Tilles Center
Atrium at CW POST.
* Entered myself into six of the highest level juried Plein Air art competitions in the country.
* Painted two paintings at LIVE ART FUSION (LAF) every Wednesday since the first week of 2012
* Been featured in 3 online news articles about L.A.F.
* Been featured on 2 separate online video news reports
* Made the cover of the entertainment section of NEWSDAY (Our local major newspaper) in an article abotu LAF.
* Donated a painting that raised $3000 for the Theodore Roosevelt Sanctuary & Audubon Center.
I did write at the onset that a lot was happening...there's more
* invited back to Paint in Curacao Plein Air 2012
* Today received notice that I am in Plein Air Easton 2012, (the biggest & best Plein Air competition in the country)
for a second straight year!
* I have been notified that my proposal for the Tilles center "Art Under Glass" has been chosen to move onto the next round of
the selection process.
* I have had the pleasure of Mentoring and tutoring several artists, several college students and one professor in areas of study
from nursing to fashion design.
* The March 20th, plein Air oil painting demo @ Utrecht Art Supplies in Carle Place NY. was standing room only.
* April 3, 2012 5:30-7:30 demonstrating the incredible potential of acrylics @ Utrecht Art Supplies in Carle Place NY.
** April 27th, I will be the lead demonstrator at the Art League of Long island's (ALLI) "ART AFTER DARK"
Where I will be painting to Live Music, showing fusion paintings and demonstrating the fusion painting technique.
I am taking the next step forward in the coming weeks to the smart phone age to make blog entries, tweeting and facebook updates for Kirk Larsen Art, easier. While I am competing and painting over the next year I will be posting images, videos and commentary about paintings in progress, awards and finished paintings as well. I invite everyone to share this blog, follow it and subscribe to the email newsletter from kirklarsenfineart.com to be part of the wonderful movement forward. Art uplifts and inspires. It is with immeasurable gratitude that I embrace the gifts I have and work daily to learn more and refine them. It look forward to be able to share the moments of creation with a wider audience. I'll be in southern Georgia from April 14-22, and considering the warm spring we've already had, I suspect it might get a bit warm.
To give you a sense of what a Plein Air competition can be like: Last year at Easton, temperatures were 96-107 degrees, but mostly 98... I stayed hydrated but still lost 11 lbs while painting 22 paintings in 12 days. That's an interesting set of numbers to ponder when you consider that there is no day off to wait for inspiration...It was hot and the amazing group of artists still turned out a few hundred excellent paintings during the event.
I have a great deal more happening and I'll try to add blog entries here but for more steady updates, please go to www.kirklarsenfineart.com to sign up for email newsletter and follow the blog with links to more. Thanks and Happy painting everyone !